The Chesapeake Dressage Institute (CDI) was founded in 2003 for serious dressage riders of all levels to improve and refine their skills and progress to the upper levels of their sport. CDI, a not-for-profit educational institution, promotes the sponsorship of classically correct dressage training, aiming for the highest standards of care towards the horse and striving for excellence on the part of the rider, with emphasis on educational programs.
At Chesapeake Dressage we:
- Provide riding clinics which utilize recognized, credentialed trainers to increase knowledge of correct, classical training techniques and to also uphold recognized standards set by the U.S. Dressage Federation.
- Host lectures and classes on complementary physical training for the rider, such as yoga, Pilates, weight training, tai’chi, massage and aerobics.
- Promote panel discussions and demonstrations by equine specialists on issues such as proper saddle fit; horse dentistry; lameness avoidance, diagnosis and treatment; preparation for long trailering and competition; emergency care; acupuncture; chiropractic; and equine massage.
- Further discussion of the mind-body connection and mental training necessary for competition readiness, utilizing sports psychology, visualization techniques, and other modalities to sharpen competitive skills and reduce performance anxiety.
- Host instructors’ training sessions and certification exams.
Click here to read CDI's profile on DressageDaily.com.
Willy, Skogen & Gaspar enjoying their Retirement Toby